Following are everyday life hacks you should know, in order to ease your lifestyle.
Sit back – read and enjoy 🙂
- If you don’t know whether to use the word ‘affect’ or ‘effect’ in your conversation, use the word ‘impact’
- If your stomach is loose, eat a banana. If your stomach is constipated, eat a banana. Banana helps in both situations.
- Having a keyboard with broken legs? Don’t worry. Use the support of binder clips.
- The button side of the shirt is always hard to iron. One everyday life hack trick is to flip the shirt inside-out. You will then be easily able to iron the shirt.
- Suffering from drain clogging? Pour half cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar into the clogged drain. A foam will be formed. Once it stops foaming, rinse the drain with water and voila – the drain will be cleared. This is an environment friendly and cost effective way to clean out the drain.
- Normally, tank tops, bras and socks – all get mixed up. For simplicity, put them categorically on a hanger. For socks, you can tie a knot and then put them up on the hanger.
- Get an empty egg crate. This is a cheap alternative to cool your laptop.
- When it comes to electronics (especially charger wires), a lot of us complain about wire breakage. For prevention of wire breakage, take a spring from a pen and put it around the wire.
- If you are in a hurry, want a pressed shirt but have no time to iron it, take a shower while having the shirt in a dry corner. The steam in the shower will automatically press the shirt.
- Some jar lids are very tough to open. No matter what you do they can’t get opened. Use a duct tape, which would partially cover a side and top of the lid and then, apply force to open the jar.
- Putting beeswax all over your shoes will make them waterproof.
- Using a banana peel on your teeth can help whiten your teeth.
- Mix some turmeric in warm milk and drink it. It is a good digestive tonic as well as helpful if you are suffering from internal pain (due to an injury). Turmeric is warm in nature so don’t take it too much in hot weather.
- If you have a hole in your tire and you cannot spot it, fill it with air, take it off the vehicle and get some soap and water. Bubbles will start to form at the entry point of air leakage.
- Having a lot of keys of same shape and sizes are a headache. To easily differentiate them, color them by nail polish. This will help in organization of keys.
- This tip is recommended for travelers. Keep a bar of soap in the same area of your backpack, where you keep your dirty laundry. This will prevent the stinky odors.
- In order to avoid a wet trash bag, put a newspaper at the bottom of the trashcan. This will soak up liquids (water/fruit juices) and your trashcan will be dry.
Best of luck using these everyday life hacks!